The best bus ever

The best bus ever
Jason Sievers' awesome Art in Transit bus

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Fear of dependence ... take 2

Two weeks ago, I wrote how I drove to an evening event in Garden City because I wasn't sure I'd find a way home if I took the bus. I said, "I can't begin to count the times I'd have taken a bus to an evening event but wound up driving because the buses stop at dinnertime. If Valley Ride added evening hours, my own personal ridership would double, triple, even quadruple. But in the meantime, maybe I can take more leaps of faith about one-way bus trips."

Well, I'm already getting better. Monday night, my daughter and I took the #29 Overland to BSU for the Al Gore speech. Especially given Gore's topic, I felt compelled not to drive. Of course, that meant we'd either be walking home (about a 20-minute trek, not bad, but not fun in the dark on Boise's badly lit sidewalks) or catching a ride. It turns out we were able to do the latter - scrunching into a compact car with four other people (friends of ours) who had carpooled from the west Bench!

No comments: