The best bus ever

The best bus ever
Jason Sievers' awesome Art in Transit bus

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Final February stats

I rode the bus 23 times in February, including one new route (#4 Roosevelt). Back at the end of January, I challenged myself to get through February without buying gas, and I easily achieved that. (I still have about a quarter-tank!)

So far this year, I've driven 571 miles. Last year, my total mileage was 9,646 (including two road trips to Wyoming and some medium-distance driving around Idaho, to the Magic Valley and McCall). I aim to get that below 6,000 this year.

My goals for March: Ride the bus 25 times. Take at least one new route. Buy gas once. Advocate for passage of House Bill 246, the bill that would allow Idaho communities to pursue local option funding for better transit. The Idaho House Revenue & Taxation Committee will hear the bill Tuesday, March 6, at 9 a.m.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find inspiration from what you do and thought you might enjoy a fellow traveller who wrote up a year of being car-less! See
http://www.sightline.org/daily_score/archive/2007/02/20/one-year-car-less-24

It is almost bike season for me, but I'll miss the bus.

Sign your workplace up to reduce car use: "Please reserve your May in Motion incentive/prize package by returning the attached RSVP by March 31st, 2007. Annette Harper, www.commuteride.com"

Wendy

Julie Fanselow said...

Thank you, Wendy, and thanks for the link. I will spotlight both things you mention in your comment soon.

Happy biking!